Lincoln Park KSL Summer Camp
Kids Science Labs presents the Emerging Innovators, a series of exclusive weekly summer science camps in Chicago from June 9 - August 29th designed to enhance your child’s critical thinking skills, academic confidence, and cognitive ability combined with great summer camp fun for children ages 4-12.
Summer Camp Lincoln Park Registration
Summer camp online registration will open January 9th, 2014 at 6am
Weekly Camp Curriculum - Lincoln Park Schedule 2014
Please note the weeks at Lincoln Park and South Loop alternate. If you miss a topic, you may be able to catch it at the other center. Entire weeks are reserved. See full camp details and description here: Lincoln Park full descriptions.
* All dates are subject to change
Week 1 - June 9th - Wizard Chemistry
Week 2 - June 16th - Little Doctors II: Gross Anatomy
Week 3 - June 23th - Superhero Science
Week 4 - June 30th - Honey Badgers, Scorpions, and Animals with Attitude
Week 5 - July 7th - Pyramids, Mummies, and Dinosaurs
Week 6 - July 14th - Chemical Reactions, Explosions, and Mysteries of Science
Week 7 - July 21st - Little Engineers & Creative Design
Week 8 - July 28th - Rockets, Satellites & Living on Mars
Week 9 - Aug 4th - Earthquakes, Volcanoes, and Environmental Science
Week 10 - Aug 11th - Explorer’s Camp (Submarines, Undersea, Space Adventures)
Week 11 - Aug 18th - Gadgets, Inventions, & Green Technology
Week 12 - Aug 25th - Builder’s Paradise (Lego Mini Camp & Designer Camp)
*All dates subject to change
See full South Loop descriptions here.
See full Lincoln Park descriptions here.
Summer Enrichment Camps for Chicago Children
Kids Science Labs is offering 65 children (ages 4-12) a summer filled with fun hands-on science adventure camps at our state-of-the-art, eco-friendly facility in Lincoln Park. This exclusive summer camp enrichment program will offer engaging science curriculums, hands-on activities, and experimental design workshops led by our incredible team of dedicated science educators. With low student-teacher ratios of just 10:1, children in our day camps are placed in optimal learning environments for academic enrichment.
You can enroll for all 12 weeks, a combination of weeks, or a single week. Spaces will fill quickly.
Summer Camp Rates and Details
Who can participate? (Ages 4-12)
Lil' Innovators - Campers 4-5 years old and fully potty trained
Young Investigators - Elementary entering 1st-3rd grade Fall 2014
NexGen Designers - Kids 8+ in the Fall 2014
Summer Camp Dates
Camp Dates: June 9 - August 29
Camp Times (Half Day): Monday - Friday, 9:00am - Noon*
Camp Times (Full Day): Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 3:00pm**
*(Schedule includes a nut-free snacktime.)
**(Parents provide peanut and tree-nut free lunch. Extended Care is available from 3-5pm.
Day Camp Fees (Prices will increase $25/wk after Feb 1st)
Weekly Price - (Half Day): $325/wk or $1,200 for 4 wks
Weekly Price - (Full Day): $400/wk or $1,500 for 4 wks
Day Camp Capacity
65 children total per session
Student-Teacher Ratio: 10-to-1
Day Camp Location
Kids Science Labs , 1500 N. Kingsbury St. Chicago, IL 60642
** All children must be fully pottty trained to participate in KSL summer camps.
KSL Science Camps Build Confidence
KSL science day camps are specially designed to educate, enrich, and build self-esteem through science exploration and discovery. KSL Summer Scholars (that’s what we like to call our campers) are grouped by age and will engage in fun hands-on science each day of camp.
The KSL Chicago 2014 Summer Program offers 13 individual weeks of day camps for summer scholars. Each week of summer camp covers an exciting area of science. Campers become super science sleuths, mini physicians, emerging engineers, and future architects through engaging weekly programs such as Spy Science, Little Doctors, How Stuff Works, Builder’s Paradise, and more.
Summer Camp Fun in a Safe, Cool Space
KSL summer camps are all held in our beautiful eco-friendly 4,000ft² science center in Lincoln Park. All of our science day camps take place in cool, comfortable, classrooms.
We encourage hydration and healthy snacks are welcome at summer camp, but please remember we are a nut-free facility and will enforce our strict NO Peanut, NO Tree-Nut policy for the safety of our campers!
Space is limited for our summer camps. ($100 deposit required per session)
A Glance Into a Typical Day at KSL Camp
KSL DAY CAMP ACTIVITY
8:45 - 9:00am
Kids arrive and engage critical thinking puzzles
9:00 - 10:15am
How Stuff Works - "Medicine and cool things doctors do"
10:20 - 10:40am
Open Science Discovery Time and Snack Break
Environmental Science - “Sustainable Science”
Half-Day Pickup at Noon
1:00pm - 3:00pm
3:00pm - 5:00pm
Lunch for Full-Day Students
Afternoon Programing (Full Day Camp)
Weather permitting includes recess
Extended Care (Optional - extra charge)
How To Register for Summer Camp
Registration will open January 9th, 2014 at 6am.
Please note that for all of our camps, the following information is important:
- Summer camp deposits are non-refundable (see our cancellation policy)
- The balance of summer camp is due 30 days prior to each reserved week of summer camp. An email receipt for the balance will automatically sent to you when it is charged.
- We try to maintain peanut and tree-nut facilities at Kids Science Labs and ask that parents pack lunches that are peanut and tree-nut free, as well as being free of chocolates and candy.
- Camp begins at 9am and early drop-off is 8:45am
- Pickup for half-day camp is 12pm (12:30pm if the child brings lunch), full-day pickup is 3pm
- Aftercare is from 3-5pm and if desired, please register in advance for the entire week by selecting that option at sign-up
- We understand that sometimes parents schedules change and/or there are traffic issues in Chicago. Please let us know as early as possible if you are running late. The first tardiness is free, beyond that there is a $25/hour fee. Tardiness is considered beyond 20 minutes late for scheduled pickup.
- When camp registration is full, parents will be able to register for a waiting list. When registration spots become available, we will enroll students from the waiting list based on the following registration priority (1) KSL Members [classes, parties, past camp attendance] (2) Friends/Siblings already registered in the camp (3) Time of sign-up and availability based on age distribution of kids already registered for camp.
- Multi-child Discount: Any family that registers for any combination of 4+ weeks of camp will receive $100 off the total balance for each block of 4 weeks of camp. The multi-child discount will be taken at the time the camp balance is charged (30 days prior to start of camp).
- Free Aftercare: Any family that registers for any combination of 12+ weeks of summer camp, will also receive free aftercare until 5pm.
- We kindly ask that for any child that has a fever, parents consider keeping the child home for that day of camp. If during camp, a child has a fever or is noticeably not feeling well, we will contact the parents/caregiver right away to pick them up.
- Weather permitting, our kids do get to experience outdoor physical activity at KSL in summer camp. In Lincoln Park, most days we walk the short 3 block stroll to Pump It Up, where the kids in our camp get their own private arena (no climbing wall), where 5-6 of our KSL teaching staff stay in the arena to manage the kids along. Please note that our strong preference would be to go to an outdoor park, but unfortunately there are no parks within walking distance of our Lincoln Park facility. Know that we take great care to ensure the safety of each child and try to maintain separation between the larger 8+ kids and younger kids inside the arena at Pump it Up.
- For full-details of our policies, including cancellation policies, please see the following link: http://www.kslchicago.com/cancellation-policy/
- If you are registering more than 1 child for camp or more than 4 weeks of camp, and encounter any difficulty please feel free to call us at 312-846-1426 (Lincoln Park) 312-225-4747 (South Loop) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and allow us to help you speed up registration process.